High blood pressure is a very common & popular health problem in the world. It’s also called hypertension. There are many causes of high blood pressure such as stress, lack of physical activity, obesity, kidney diseases, pain killers, and many more. here we can see how to control high blood pressure by doing some daily routine things.
Some times High blood pressure, raises your chances of having a heart attack, kidney problems etc. It’s important to know your numbers. If you find high blood pressure, so there are things you can do to bring it down, including taking medication.
Check Your Blood Pressure Numbers
To know your blood pressure, you have to check two numbers in the BP Machine, in Doctor’s terms call that numbers systolic (the top number) and diastolic (the bottom number).
Normal– 120/80 mm Hg (Normal Blood Pressure)
Elevated– 129/80 mm Hg (its also called Normal Blood Pressure you can control it by proper diet but in some cases be careful and keep eye on it)
Stage 1– 139/89 mm Hg * (it comes in high blood pressure category in this stage start medicine and you can control it a proper diet also)
Stage 2– 140+ / 90+ mm Hg ** (it comes in HBP category, necessary to take medicine and proper diet)
Hypertension– 180 /120 *** (it comes in HBP category, Don’t ignore it immediately consult with doctor)
Symptoms of Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
There are many symptoms of Hypertension. But many people don’t feel any symptoms. Because blood pressure generally comes as a silent condition.it also depends on family disease history. In some cases, people can see symptoms like – Headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, flushing, dizziness, chest pain, visual changes, blood in the urine. These symptoms require medical attention. The best way to know hypertension is to get regular blood pressure readings.
how to control high blood pressure Naturally
1. Walk and exercise regularly- Regular exercise makes your heart stronger and helps to more efficient at pumping blood. at list 30 minutes regular walk and exercise is the best way to control your high blood pressure. also do daily meditation, yoga, deep breathing yoga, it helps to flow proper blood and transport oxygen to every part of the body.
2. Reduce your sodium intake-Taking excessive amounts of salt also increases blood pressure.so intake less amount of salt and control your hypertension naturally.
3. Keep your self stress free- Stress is the key to increasing your blood pressure. if you want to control your blood pressure, so it’s necessary to keep your self stress free. There are lots of ways to relieve stress like Practice deep breathing, take a walk, read a book, watch a comedy, and listen happy music.
4. Food to Eat– Some food to eat regular bases so it helps you to control your high blood pressure naturally like eat more potassium-rich foods, Eat calcium-rich foods, Eat magnesium-rich foods.
- Fruit, including bananas, Beetroot, melons, avocados, oranges, Pineapples, and apricots.specially banana is the most potassium-rich fruit.
- Nuts, seeds, Beans whole grains.
- Vegetables, especially leafy greens, tomatoes, potatoes, and sweet potatoes
- Low-fat Dairy product, such as milk and yogurt
- Tuna and salmon.
- Eliminating high saturated fats foods, such as processed foods, full-fat dairy products, and fatty meats.
- Eliminating added sugar and refined carbs.
5. Eat Garlic- Garlic is an excellent choice to avoid having high blood pressure. Garlic makes blood more liquid so that it flows through the veins is easier and relaxes the blood vessels so easily control your high blood pressure.
6. Eat dark chocolate-eat dark chocolate but it should be 60 to 70 percent cacao. Dark chocolate and cocoa powder contain plant compounds, it helps to relax blood vessels and make lower your blood pressure. One research found eating one to two squares of dark chocolate per day may help lower the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and inflammation.
7. Lose weight –overweight also increases the risk of having a heart attack and high blood pressure .if you are overweighted so losing your weight, it can help you to control your high blood pressure and other diseases also.
8. Drink less alcohol –Alcohol raises your blood pressure.it’s important to drink in a moderate amount of alcohol, and if it possible so don’t drink because consumed 10 grams of alcohol it increases 1 mm Hg of blood pressure.
9. Cut back on caffeine-caffeine increase blood pressure temporary, its effect is only 45 to 60 minutes. but it depends on individual to individual how their body is reacting. So cut caffeine or be careful to intake it.
10. Quit smoking- smoking is not good for all over our health, smoking also increases blood pressure temporary, and damages lungs so it’s better to quit smoking for good health and control your high blood pressure.
High blood pressure, It sounds like that is a big disease. But in this era, it’s a normal disease and nowadays every third person faces a blood pressure problem. I hope it’s helpful for you to know how to control high blood pressure.